Saturday, March 22, 2014

Waiting to go.

It's been noted on several occasions that the best I feel all day is during the peak moments of a run nestled far out in the woods. Whatever might transpire once I return home could be great, but it's not going to top that feeling at that moment running out on the trails. The realization of how great those moments out in the woods are has had a dramatic effect on me. Running has become an addiction of sorts. I can always go a few more miles. And further more, I want to know what its like to go those few more miles. I want to know how great I can become. In a way, it's very much like a user chasing the high from drugs, except you can't get pulled over on the suspicion of having running shoes in the car.

Recent life events have reshaped the future I'll have with running in a wonderful way. While I was able to fit running into my schedule, it wasn't something I could focus on the way I wanted to. I felt like I was just waiting to go. I was waiting til I could dive head long into pursuing what could become of my running and what could become of a life that allows it to happen. We're going talk about getting awesome for sure!

Oh, and we're also going to talk about beer. Another passion that takes up quite a bit of discussion time on the trails!

1 comment: